Monday, April 27, 2015

It's a lot quieter here...

It's been real quiet over the last couple weeks since Alfie has gone. His toys are still sitting in his box and I've not had the heart to pack them up yet. I got his ashes from the vet on the following Monday I had him put down. They have a beautiful little wooden box with a gold plate with his name engraved on it. I put it on a shelf with two of his favorite toys by the box.

In other news, there will be two more Scooby-Doo 'You Choose' books from Capstone (Books 11 & 12) that I'll be working on soon! 

The last two weeks I've been cleaning out old emails and updating my contacts as well as cleaning the studio out of older stuff. Life changes fast it seems over the past two years as I contacted Dalmatian Press and they are no longer the same as they were. I knew something was up when I got back the bounced emails I sent to say "Hi". After I made some calls I learned they split off from Anderson Press and are under the Bendon umbrella now. I knew several people that were there who are now gone and off to new adventures. Most people wouldn't know the changes as their product still looks the same on the store shelves and most don't know the behind the scenes of it of it like the creatives would. I did work for Dalmatian Press for 10 years from 2002-2012 which is a long time in itself. Things certainly don't stay the same forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so sad that Alife is gone. The post about him was really sad too. Maybe you should get an Alife Jr.?

Good news on the other hand, though, about the You Choose books. Who is the author of them?

SNeelyArt said...

Thanks, and I have no idea who is writing the new ones as of yet.